Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ancien Chat Tricotin


ANCIEN CHAT TRICOTIN

OR

Vintage Cat Spoolknitter


I wonder how many catlovers there are who are
also collectors of knitting spools?
I wonder if any of you have one of these in your
collection?
I would love to know more about them, so if anyone
has some information about these charming knitters,
I would love to hear from you!


What I do know is, I believe they are quite rare.
In my 10 years of collecting, I have only seen another
four cats and they originate from France.
There is also a bird and a duck version. They (cats)
are usually found missing their ears, at least
those that I have seen. I have added these
little felt ears to the inset above his eyes.
I think he looks wonderful!


^^  ^^  ^^  ^^  ^^








7 comments:

Kim said...

He's wonderful. I've never seen one before. What a great find.

Kim

susanne said...

Congratulations to your great find! I have never seen anything like it - but love it!
Greetings from Spain
Susanne

crazyhaberdasher said...

Thankyou Itsy and Kim!
Thankyou Susanne!

Helmi said...

Yes, it is a wonderful cat!

crazyhaberdasher said...

Thanks so much Helmi.

Gail McGaffigan, MM, Boston University College of Fine Arts said...

Good Evening,

I am writing a book in which a little girl spool-knits a lamp-mat as a gift. I'm including instructions in my book. May I mention your blog? The pictures are wonderful!
Sincerely,
Gail McGaffigan
lovinglyrestored.blogspot.com

crazyhaberdasher said...

Hello Gail! Thankyou for your very kind comment. I would be honored if you mentioned my blog. I am an Aussie who is a crazy collector (including DH) of all things to do with sewing and knitting, with a very heavy lean towards knitting spools. One day, I hope to have a book published about them too. Best wishes .... Marian aka Maz