Tuesday, October 28, 2008

KOKESHI

I was able to finish another of my
homemade spool knitters today. I hope
you like it.


Over the years I have found that I am drawn
more and more to wooden dolls and
toys, for example - Matroushka dolls,
Nutcracker dolls, Jumping Jacks,
Spool Knitters (of course!)
and Kokeshi dolls.

I have been wanting to do a Japanese
doll spool knitter for quite a while, and
thanks to my dear hubby, who cleverly
wooodturned some spool knitters for
me, I now have a "Kokeshi" style
spool knitter!
(She just needs the nails to
complete her.)


Here is a link to Wikipedia explaining
about Kokeshi dolls.


Of course there are hundreds more sites about
Kokeshi dolls so go ahead and Google
to see some fantastic Kokeshi dolls!

~~~~~~~~~~~~




2 comments:

Nathalie said...

I love the "kokeshi" style!!!

crazyhaberdasher said...

....me too....and they are a joy to paint!